We have wanted to get some new window coverings for the two windows on our hall for some time. We haven't spent too much time on it really, but my partner keeps taking measurements every year or so and bugging me about it.
Last weekend we went to the fabric store to get some fabric to make a superhero cape for our son and while there we decided to look around at the decorator fabrics. We found some different options, but I didn't want them to be too heavy looking.
I stumbled across this lovely floral pattern from Robert Allen Home and took a picture of it for reference. I have been thinking about how we could use it and it could be either curtains or a valance with sheers underneath.
I'm sort of leaning towads the valance idea, though it won't really block out the cold in the winter the way the roman shade does in the front hall now. I suppose I could layer valance, sheer and new shade to get the best of all worlds.
I found these instructions on how to sew up your own box pleat valances with contrasting colors. I'm not sure if I'm up to sewing that much right now. We will see.
I better get my sketchpad out and start planning either way.